Epilogue Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epilogue Guild from Mabinogi-Tarlach

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lazy Morons at Nexon

Go down 
+2
silentwings
Andzuril
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andzuril

Andzuril

Lazy Morons at Nexon Empty
PostSubject: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Why are they not dealing with the issues at hand about these hackers? Why cant they properly run their game like they are supposed to? People are leaving and they dont care. I did the second Mythril Mine and when i logged off i lost all that data and was sent back to the Great Hall where i logged off last night. What is with this?
Back to top Go down
silentwings

silentwings

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Be patient. It takes time for the programmers to find the problem and figure out how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Andzuril

Andzuril

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:27 pm

I have hunted down and fought 3 hackers. If a simple player can find them, they should be able to also. They are just being lazy, and I'm sending in a ticket so I can get that blueprint back and get on with g2.
Back to top Go down
silentwings

silentwings

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

It's one thing to find and confront hackers. It's another to develop a way to try and prevent them from hacking the game in the future.
Back to top Go down
Andzuril

Andzuril

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:13 pm

They can log into their players and do the same thing I'm doing. I am atleast doing more then the admins. I want to finish g2 so I can get my trans and the admins are preventing all progress. I need to get a ticket sent in so I can get the blueprint back. I'm going to see what it takes to become an admin. At what I've seen it can't be very hard. A simple maintenance is all that's needed.
Back to top Go down
silentwings

silentwings

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Maintenance is never simple. It involves looking at the programming, see what is being abuses or hacked, and then write a program to fix it.
These programs may take days to write. The maintenance is simply applying the patch and working out any bugs that need immediate attention.
Back to top Go down
Minagi

Minagi

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 pm

the ability to read and write game coding is needed to become one. being in the city they're located at usually helps too. Sw's right. They dont have to "find the chara/account" doing it....they need to find out WHAT they're doing to the coding, find that loophole in the coding, then try to re-write it without creating holes in other places. It's going to take several days, if not weeks to be able to do that, and in the mean time EVERY player and their mother's are filing tickets, complaining that things arent being addressed quickly enough, filing more tickets, harassing the gms, filling the forums with complaints, and ignorantly demanding that THEY could do the job better.

Not only do they have to work on the code itself, but they have to try to appease the FLOOD of crap from the players, worry about profit loss from people who get tired of it and quit, try to keep up with promised events, and attempt to keep the game up as long as possible to prevent more complaints. Give it a rest. We ALL know it's frustrating, we ALL get that it's ridiculous, and we're ALL disappointed that the loopholes were found and exploited. NO ONE wants to hear ranting and complaining, when we all already know. It does nothing but put everyone in a bad mood
Back to top Go down
darkbitcold

darkbitcold

Location : playing megaman Zero and having fun with Fairy Leviathan wink-wink

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 pm

oh man i hear you i am getting tried of this as well i keep getting a force logout a lot i'm losing stuff i got once already i am getting tried of this quick as well as you all i bet sara heard from a friend that nexon going to shut mabi down for like a week or more to resolve the problems that have been going on
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkbitcold
Andzuril

Andzuril

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm sure people would understand events being delayed to fix issues. And I found out I have a strange ability with technology. I've been able to read data for as long as I can remember. I use it when I'm in dungeons and it semi allows me to lock my opponents out of commission and they can't fight back. No matter the game I play. I want to help them. How can a regular player help the company?

If you can't control it, delete it.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1617

Sakura1617

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 am

Well the Maitnence is still going on so... yeah
Any ways if they delete the character/account of the person who is doing the hacking, who's to say that the hacker won't create a new account? And if they ban the IP address for the hacker then the hacker will find a way out of it. So the best we can do right now (for those of us who are lost ) is to wait it out and hope that they can fix this.
Back to top Go down
darkbitcold

darkbitcold

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 am

oh yeah now wiki said that all server are being updated as of now so i got nothing to do but write my story now
Back to top Go down
Andzuril

Andzuril

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 am

Hello Sakura. I don't believe we have spoken before. Its a pleasure to meet you. How are you? And I was just talking about them to do maintenance, lol.
Back to top Go down
silentwings

silentwings

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sakura1617

Sakura1617

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Andzuril wrote:
Hello Sakura. I don't believe we have spoken before. Its a pleasure to meet you. How are you? And I was just talking about them to do maintenance, lol.
Hello, I don't believe we have spoken either. I'm mostly busy these days with Pre-Ap and Ap classes at school.
Well at least they did a maintnence and the reset isn't that bad with this event going on so retraining my firebolt won't be such a big pain.
Back to top Go down
Andzuril

Andzuril

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Its a pain for me because my generation was reset. And now i have to do Ideals all over again.
Back to top Go down
darkbitcold

darkbitcold

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 pm

well one more day of them taking all day yet again on a update like geez nexon losing there touch now
Back to top Go down
Minagi

Minagi

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

the reason updates take so long is b/c they have to patch everything and make sure there's no bugs.....this isnt a gen update, or an event update...they're TRYING to fix the issues...they CAN'T fix it without taking the game down...so stop complaining. You complain b/c the games messed up, you complain that they aren't fixing things, you complain that they dont do their jobs, and now you're complaining that they ARE trying to fix it, and ARE doing their jobs. Knock it off
Back to top Go down
Sakura1617

Sakura1617

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Honestly I do find it a little annoying that they have yet to fix it BUT at least their trying under the pressure of being slammed by complaining players because nexon's been "slacking". Honestly How many actualy think they can update an entire game in 2 hours with out a single bug going on for a whole week when it's being preyed on by hackers, modders and the occasional abusive player? The mats are taking this long (as mina said) because their FIXING this not putting a darn bandage on it and hoping it will stay for the week, they are GOING INTO the system and trying to "sew" up the holes in their system FOR THE PLAYERS not because they like to. (ok someone there may like to do that kind of stuff but that's off the topic) I feel sorry for nexon becauase they have to deal with all of this darn blast from the players who are ignorantly slamming nexon with tickets and complaints. And when something goes wrong with Mabinogi people usualy point the finger at Nexon, and not the person that's causing it because ,that's the case right now. These problems are Player caused even if it's the hackers their still playing on the game still making them players. As a smart person said before "Paitence is a virtue and with paitence comes a fruit of your endurance". Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Peachx

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm

The first think of when I heard of this is "bam, anyone buying gold just got owned" although that gives the gold back to the sellers to resell. No

I have taken a few programing classes, and if not thought of all possibility a line of code could have, that is what happens. I'm just surprised it happens so often. In my opinion, I think the game coding is becoming a mess as they add stuff, or the testers not trying vary hard to find the errors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazy Morons at Nexon   Lazy Morons at Nexon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lazy Morons at Nexon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Epilogue Guild Forum :: Public :: Anything Under the Sun-
Jump to: